Computer Security Computer Security

Sound, definitely

Because as is, I personally thought it was pretty good, just the complete silence was a bit of a lull. If you could get your drivers to work or whatever incompatibilities there were keeping you from importing and using sound fixed, then I think this would have some potential on the portal.

E=shitfuck E=shitfuck

Dang

For being so strange, I really enjoyed it - turd of the week, perhaps, but you at least appeal to a small audience from what I've read in reviews.

infilltration ep 2 infilltration ep 2

You are...dumb?

Learn the English language if it's what you're going to use. If the title of your entry is "infiltration", at least spell it right. You used two L's when you submitted it AND in movie. No use of apostrophes, or a ' in case you've NEVER used one. Can't believe this crap even got on NG anyways, or maybe it won't, the story line is moronic as well as the art work and the grammar is just as blatant as can be, every time they talk there's an error...

clip-not-done responds:

i know its crap k it was the 2nd ani i ever made i just put it on for the hell of it

Four Second Firestorm Four Second Firestorm

Hectic

Way too fast paced for me. 4 seconds for ridiculous games isn't my style. Some games for me needed better wording in the 'instructions' or I should say, the title of the game, because in four seconds it often took me two to realize where I was and what I was doing.

Not for me.

Fry That Chicken Fry That Chicken

Well, if you've played Fishy...

Then you have played a much more polished version of this game. As the previous poster detected, the collision range of your chicken on the friers is a bit unrealistic, there is a large gap there. The controls are a bit awkward, there's a little too much drifting in the chicken, and it was a little too fast paced for having some awkward controls.

I suggest that if you haven't played Fishy before, go try it after you play this. You'll see why I find it somewhat sub-par.

CybermonkeyStudios responds:

I have played Fishy and I know the collision detection is not as good in this, but I actually like the controls in this better. I think you get used to them with time.

Speedy Circles v0.8 Speedy Circles v0.8

Really neat game

Though it'd be cool if you added something like Defense as a stat you could buy -- so you'd take a bit less damage from enemies and hitting walls and such.

For some reason I really liked this game... maybe it was the cool "rock music" but it'd be nice if it had like 3 songs or something, and they looped, or you could switch the song types in game -- and of course, add the switch to "no music" just in case.

Aldarnc responds:

Yea, i was doing that already :)!

Thanx for the review! But there are 3 tracks? Lol.

Stella - 3rd Lung Stella - 3rd Lung

I'll be another critic

Despite the great quality of the recording, there is just not a whole lot interesting here.

Lots of chugs that try to maintain interesting polyrhythms, but ultimately sound like weak breakdowns that are far too overused. The riffs themselves are alright, but reek of metalcore and moments of tasteless wankery.

The electronic elements are interesting, but I think bands like Violent Work of Art and Blood Stain Child do a much better job of blending them into the song structure and the mix. It's as though you'd like to be progressive, but rather than coming up with song structures and riffs to keep us interested, you just throw in bizarre influences. I can handle bizarre influences when done tastefully like Opeth, but here it just seems forced and arbitrary.

The vocals bother me. I really don't like when screamo folks try to crossover into -core, and this is no exception. There is an inflection to the vocals that just doesn't fit in the metal genre. Hardcore or punk maybe, but for me it just doesn't work. The whole package is made very typical, breakdowns and screamo vocals.

As for constructive feedback - I'd suggest looking at your balance of genres and try to pick something to excel at. Picking from everything at once disables you to shine at any one thing. Maybe listen to some Devin Townsend to hear how he incorporates bizarre things across his music but makes it work with his overall sound. There's a coherence to his music that this song lacks to me. I'd suggest easing off on the chug riffs - djent has become the hip new thing for screamo crossover kids to try out, but bands like Meshuggah will always trump your ripped off efforts. Try to make the riffs a little more interesting. And for lack of better suggestion, while your vocalist fits your -core style, it's a style I abhor and I'd suggest trying to get away from it and picking a new singer entirely. I'd like to see your ending passage come back into something heavier and interesting, because it has a nice feel to it with a smooth lead guitar.

Well, maybe you'll just write me off as an elitist. It just sucks because I can hear there's potential in the instrumentation but there seems to be too much influence on what's "hip" or "in" right now - e.g., dubstep, -core, screamo vocals in metal.

DenX - Lurking DenX - Lurking

Great stuff

The blend of strings and riffs is great. I felt pieces that could fit well with bands like Blood Stain Child, Skyfire, and to a lesser extent, sort of the arrangement stylings of Septic Flesh or Dimmu Borgir. Just the way things fit together between the riffs and orchestrated pieces. The variations in riffs are all great, very melodic and moving, and the song has a flow to it that works really well.

It's refreshing to hear someone actually making something melodic, and not just lame bass drop effects-laden crap, or the same old thrashy deathy stuff that everyone seems to put on here.

lhceist41 responds:

Thanks for your Review.
Gonna check out those bands, never heard about them before, maybe they'll drop some inspirations to me :D

Yeah i try to get Symphonic Metal back to NG again.
Earlier here were some good Artists in this genre, now it has sadly only a handfull of them.

Slave to the New World FINAL Slave to the New World FINAL

Amazing!

A perfect blend of brutality, ambience, and dark atmosphere. Yet another song of yours I am favoriting! The guitar tone is great, and the rhythm section may stay stagnant but the tasteful leads and other instruments that come in and out keep it interesting. I usually find guitar driven instrumental music to be plain but this is just awesome. From creepy to brutal to beautiful, it's all here. I wish I could get my guitar and drum tone to sound this good! 5/5

Throughdarkness responds:

Thats exactly the type of atmosphere I was going for! Thanks for the kind words dude. \m/ \m/